it's baby Snufkin time
i haven't drawn him in so long, forgot how much i love him
here is a special lad for caturday :) hes my partners foster cat. He is a sweet but also sneaky devilish lad, we love him very much
self care is staring at your own hair in the mirror for 4 and a half minutes
2, 10, and 15!
2) Do you use a lot of labels or just one/a couple? If you use more than one, is there one that is the most important to you?I use bisexual, pansexual, and queer mostly! They are all pretty situational, depending on who I’m with I’ll use a different one honestly juhygtfrtgyhj I feel fine with both bisexual and pansexual, but I mostly use bisexual I would say. Queer I use situationally as I understand many people are uncomfortable with it, so I keep that in mind. They’re all very important to me!
10) Would your aesthetic/presentation be any different in a world without anti-LGBT+ sentiments? Would you behave differently?Answered here! 😊
15) Do you listen to any LGBT+ musicians? If yes, who are they?YESSS lots! I am a big fan of upbeat pop music, but I also enjoy lots of other stuff too. If you haven’t heard music from Superfruit yet definitely have a listen, they’re one of my favourite pop duos of all time!!!!!! I saw them live in Toronto and It was like the most magical shit ever. I also listen to other mainstream artists like Troye Sivan, Hayley Kiyoko, etc etc.
Also a more local artist T. Thomason, a nonbinary Canadian musician (based in Toronto) is very special to my heart, I saw thomason perform a long time ago at a conference I went to in high school with the gay straight alliance club I was in at the time (I was just a small baby gay!). My small gay brain was blown cause that was one of my first experiences seeing a local LGBTQ+ adult out of the closet and living life/making awesome music. My parents had no idea I went at the time and It was my first time being surrounded by tons of other LGBT+ peeps, so that artist will always be very special to me!
3, 10, 19, & 20 for the LGBT ask meme?
Thanks so much for the ask Aurenfaie! (and for making the fantastic questions! They’re lovely!) 😊
3) How did you choose/find the label(s) you identify with?For my sexuality, I identify with and use a variety of different labels like bisexual, pansexual, & queer. I basically started calling myself bi-curious in freshman year of high school when I got a big gay crush on my current partner (he hadn’t yet started his transition), and that was about 8-ish years ago. I went through a big phase where I googled and did online research on different sexualities & I felt really lost and unsure with myself for a long time (GEE, SURE WISH THEY TAUGHT SEXUALITY IN SCHOOL). Bi-curious quickly turned into calling myself bisexual, and then I started to get interested in pansexuality years later, around the same time my partner started considering hormones and stuff. I use queer situationally, I am comfortable with it but I totally understand not everyone is.
10) Would your aesthetic/presentation be any different in a world without anti-LGBT+ sentiments? Would you behave differently?omg….. Yes, absolutely… I am a slave to blending in, the more invisible I am in public the easier it is on my anxiety. I’ve always really wanted to totally change my hair like cut/dye it and wear cool makeup, but It’s still going to be many years of counselling until I’m comfortable enough to do that. I don’t even feel comfortable with LGBT pins or anything on my purse, as much as I want that kind of thing. I went through a lot of trauma with anti-LGBT rhetoric (as many of us did) and the way I coped with it was to become as invisible as possible basically. I know that I’ll get there eventually!
19) What is your favorite LGBT+ related trope? Are there any that you dislike?My partner and I joke all the time about the “gays can’t drive” meme, but I think I just like it because I can’t drive so it makes me feel less alone in the can’t drive club LMFAOOOOJHGFGH [[IMAGE:[[50084
20) Which pride flag do you find most aesthetically pleasing?Oooo good question! It’s probably a tie between the trans flag and the lesbian flag (the one with the orange & pink!). I love pastels, and my favourite colour is orange 😊 There are so many nice ones!
every friday at 5 pm we eat dirt collectively as a site
LGBT Ask Memeaurenfaie
Here's a thing! Send a number or a few!
Ya'll ever just big gay? cause same bro!!!!!!
I've been really enjoying interpreting astrological natal charts this past year! My partner and I were both born on the cusp between signs, which can influence you a lot as you'll most likely have your cusp sign in a couple of your personal planets. I'm a Taurus on cusp with Aries, and he's a Cancer on cusp with Gemini! I did these two pieces inspired by our entire chart ✨
two painting commissions i did for my friends! i posed the sketches of these earlier.
i was gonna try to scan these, but my scanner only goes up to a4 paper size so i'll just have to take crappy photos for now.
My family has a group Snapchat and my grandma got a bitmoji so we’ve been getting messages like this recently
Ok if there's ever a zombie apocalypse catch me in Canadian Tire
i drew this in february when the link's awakening remake was announced...... babie boye....
open message to pan/bi+/queer people attracted to multiple genders, or questioning if that may be the case -